Wednesday, 17 September 2008

Pingu and Pingvina in the Maldives

Now you must think it’s all about fun and adventures, but working in Switzerland was also quite tough and stressful. Anyone who has tried to control the Swiss weather will agree: it’s nearly impossible to guarantee a sunny weekend! So I’d sit there from Monday until Friday close to burnout - with Pingvina regularly distracting me, talking nonstop while I try to work - trying to concentrate on a sunny weekend for our mountain trips. I was getting better at it, especially during summer, but I needed these weekends to recover from my constant headaches! I was run down. On top of that Vini was getting stroppy, always complaining about the house work, she was really jealous about my job. Well there can only be one Pingu the Weather God, can‘t there? When she started to ask questions about my tricks I was getting nervous...

We all needed a break. Finally we were off on holiday again and to begin with it sounded great. Then it turned out that my crazy parents booked a tiny island surrounded by water, somewhere in the Maldives. Another diving nightmare! This time we were left helpless and alone for hours every day for 2 weeks! I don’t think that’s legal, but I had time off work and once, during low tide, Pingvina convinced me to take our deck chair down to the beach for some photos. It was bloody close to the water, maybe you can see how I tried to climb as high as I could. See I don’t mind camels, hippos, elephants, dogs, monsters, whatever - but water is the only thing I’m really afraid of (and children maybe, and sometimes Pingvina). Maybe I need a shrink. Anyway, the restaurant was great, we relaxed and were it not for the water I’d book the Maldives again.
Read from the beginning: Welcome from Pingu & Pingvina

No comments: