Friday, 29 February 2008

First honeymoon in New Zealand

With the sweet smell of dozens of wine bottles and beer cases in my belly we left for my parent’s honeymoon in Bali (just cured our hangover there, but seeing their cool attitudes towards gods in general I might go back one day) and New Zealand. Mami was there before India and liked it so much she wanted to show us how beautiful it is. We travelled the whole country and I learned that penguins don’t just live in Antarctica, but that there are some half-civilised fellows living under houses and in villages. Hey buddies, just a small step and you’re there! This swimming and raw fish diet really spoils it all, they smell worse than camels!

I could move quite freely because they never heard of Pingu before. Even for me the Pingu thing can get too overwhelming, I like my peaceful dialogues with nature.

See how close I got to water!!! I was growing up fast these days. I had my own River Prayag Pingu Temple, made of stone so it will last forever. There was always the danger of a flash flood or a wicked seabird snatching me up, or a wind gust throwing me into the waves, or trees falling over onto my spot, or wild fish jumping out to get me or rain to make me wet, but I occupied my side job long enough for a photo.

Because I didn’t want to be left alone in a house with a cat I agreed to come on a sailing trip. Water everywhere! Why do people do such things? I repeatedly took over the rudder to steer back into the port but the captain insisted on his plans (see one of our fights on the photo). He was a real captain with a big beard and I was happy not to get tangled up in it. Once he explained that the boat belonged to a famous Hollywood actor with a very similar lifestyle to mine (Erroll Flynn - a sort of Hollywood’s version of Pingu), I felt more at home. Couldn’t smell any alcohol left though, he must have drunk it all before he sold the boat. I also survived this adventure, hopefully enough proof that I’m not such a softie.


New Zealand travel info:

No comments: