Saturday, 9 February 2008

Learning to drive

They called me Murg, Chhota Murg… And I HATE IT!!! Well these Indians, they have never seen a cool penguin before so either they look at you like you’re a beautiful god or they think you’re a … well… chicken. $#@!!! I'M NOT A CHICKEN!!!! Speaking of these stupid senseless animals, you know how little chicks look at the first face after they hatch and recognise their mum? That’s exactly how I felt when I saw mine! I hatched myself out of Papi's dark backpack and it was so obvious! She knew I’m not a chicken and couldn’t stop fussing me, it was the beauty god treatment (she treated Papi the same way, he was much nicer to me after that). My Mami turned out to be quite a cool chick herself. She loved drinking beer, brought me to many restaurants with wingdropping smells and everyone seemed to follow her and treat her like a Queen. There were always at least 8 people going after her, first I thought it was because of me.

Then another shock, my new parents suddenly split up, my Papi simply left us at the airport. Maybe the smells were too much for him. He spent most of his time on the toilet anyway. I was transferred from his dirty pants pocket into a warm balcony high up in my Mami’s shirt, real VIP stuff! We missed him but soon it was just too hectic and we were head on into all sorts of adventures.

I have trouble walking and am too evolved to fly (like birds still do, and the only bird I like is a Kingfisher, or Tandoori Chicken), so I learned how to control elephants (the trick is to control the guy who sits on top) and camels (not as easy, they are stubborn creatures, never got them to actually walk and boy they stink, from both ends!). It’s quite funny to drive something 100‘000 times your own weight, you should try it yourself.