Wednesday, 26 March 2008

When Pingu met Pingvina...

I never ever thought about girls, first because I’ve never seen one, and second because I never understood the fuss my parents made about kissing and holding hands and stupid stuff. Then one day a parcel arrived from a remote island in Sweden, Gotland. It was the nicest thing I’ve ever seen! Out jumps this fluffy clean little penguin with the sweetest voice, holding a letter! It was as if lightning struck at my tailfeathers, I was electrified. Pingvina, Pingvina!!!! The letter explained that she grew up on this island, and that she was extremely lonely since birth, no other penguins to play with, a very quiet little girl who never neglected her household duties. She was an orphan like me, and her foster mummy who once met me in Switzerland knew that we were a perfect match. She was to be my ‚mail order bride‘ (who needs marriage anyway, I’d never accept my wings to be ringed, and what if a dog eats her by the end of the week? One has to consider all possibilities!). Oh, Vini, my life has never been the same, my dream girl, my inspiration, my home haven I’d always return to, I love yoooouuuuu!!!!!!

She already spoke some English - but she didn’t speak much. She was extremely shy and went straight to work dusting my throne and bedroom. She ate quite a lot and I have to admit that the bed was a bit small for both of us, not much space for moving around any more. And my bum was getting sore from sitting on the armrest. But most important of all, we found each other! And the way she looked at me... she always looked at me, stared in admiration from morning till night, it felt good. Wow, I suddenly had a Swedish girlfriend!
The photo shows our first New Year together, probably had a few beers too many, but she was still standing, boy did we party!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greeting from ur foster mami from Sweden. Hope Pingu is still as dashing as he always was and makes u happy. When do i become granny? ;)

xxx - Micha