Friday, 9 April 2010

Pingvina (and Pingu) in America

One day all of a sudden our young love was torn apart by our parents‘ separation, a symptom of modern times, but we struggled through and survived stronger than before. Mummy was asked if she could work in New York for 9 months, said yes and chose Pingvina over me to go with her (she didn’t trust Daddy to keep us both). I only heard stories but am afraid my girl consumed a lot of alcohol without my nose at her side, and that the food portions were just too big for 1 penguin alone, she was definitely 1 cm wider when she finally returned.

The only photo available to the public is Pingvina getting ready for her Halloween night out in New York. I can only imagine the rest. I had an incredibly boring time back home in Switzerland with my dad and his poor cooking, so I was pleading for Pingvina to come home (as he was for mummy) whenever I got an opportunity.
America turned out to become a big part of our lives and we went back many times.

Even as a baby one of my idols was Arnold Schwarzenegger, my early acting career was influenced by James Dean and I was always a Metallica fan. Arnold would be proud to see us standing on his little Hollywood star. I’m thinking about buying one for myself.
Pingvina showed me around New York, I especially liked the biggest Pizzeria in the world. Here we are looking down to Central Park from the Rockefeller Building.
Being a Maharaja and semi God, I was invited for a free diplomatic visit to the UN Headquarters. I had a sleepless night preparing my speech for the general assembly but when the moment arrived I couldn’t utter a word. Now I regret my missed opportunity and the penguin farms in China continue to exist. To make up for it I considered sponsoring a ‚Pingu wing‘ at the Getty Center in Los Angeles, but decided that I needed it for myself to wave to my fans.

In Miami we were glad to see a reasonable bunch of humans trying to get people OUT of the stupid water!

2 comments:

Tom said...

Ich dachte die Pingvinum-Family war in Australia? Wieso jetzt plötzlich America

Pingu's press agent said...

Pingu ist sehr beschäftigt und bemüht sich, seinen Blog so aktuell wie möglich zu halten. Er hat noch viele Geschichten zu erzählen und bittet seine Fans um Geduld, vielen Dank für das Verständnis.